- Client had strong legacy in its product business but was taking a leading position in the industry's digital development and launched new digital-enabled solutions at an accelerating pace
- Client was setting out to solve customer problems by building a new scalable digital platform suite creating a digital thread through its value chain; creating a large profit pool to share.
- IP is increasingly important in the new digital environment, but its business impact and associated risks were largely unknown
- Client’s IP department was effectively managing IP in the core product business areas but didn’t have sufficient skills and capacity to proactively and systematically manage IP in relation to the new digital platform suite
- The client partnered with Konsert to develop a new business-driven strategy framework, setting a shared strategic direction for navigating the digital technology ecosystem and the business implications of IP.
- In addition, a new governance model using a strategic business partner logic was designed. Leading to reallocation of funds from traditional areas to support the new digital business and its technology and IP investments.
Read our insight Development of business-driven IP strategy to support digital transformation to learn more of how to IP can support digital businesses.