- The client experienced volatile patent-related costs with low predictability from month to month and had difficulties in identifying the underlying factors.
- The resolution in external IP costs were low. Invoices from external agents included some of the information, but there was a no process for aggregating the data and using it for analysis and comparisons.
- Together with the client, Konsert developed and implemented an easy-to-use IP cost transparency tool where the external agents reported costs on service item and case level.
- High granularity cost tracking made it easy to detect cost outliers and systematically make cost and quality comparisons on performed services.
- Information provided excellent support in price re-negotiations as well as to further develop the collaboration with selected suppliers.
Read our earlier insight to learn more about how to manage external IP firms and related IP costs.