- Flocazur, a cleantech startup, had developed a new fluid treatment technology applicable in several industries. Due to vast amount of application areas and lack of strategic focus Flocazur needed support to identify the most lucrative business opportunities.
- The need of IP to protect and control the technology in the market was high, not least due to strong competition in several of the potential commercialization areas.
- As a cleantech startup, lacking critical skills and capabilities, Flocazur would not be able to enter the market on their own and needed to identify valuable partner(s).
- Flocazur engaged Konsert to develop a business-driven IP strategy including tools to identify, map and control the most valuable technology assets.
- Through close engagement, Konsert supported Flocazur in creating a clear view of potential business opportunities, and by identifying highly valuable collaboration partners moving forward with the fluid treatment technology.
- Apart from mapping assets, setting a strategic focus and identify potential partners, Konsert developed an action plan containing key steps of how to move forward managing and remaining control over the most valuable assets as well enhance Flocazur’s possibility to enter into several partnership in parallel to generate higher return on investment.
Read our previous insight to learn more of how to develop an IP strategy for startups.